Carver Companies Blog
Strength and DignityJun 3, 2021 Charlene "Charley" Carter
Chief Development Officer
“She is clothed in Strength and Dignity and She Laughs without Fear of the Future”Proverbs 31:25…….
I’ve been working in the hospitality industry since I was 22 years old. Most of you know my story, and that I had every intention of being a dental hygienist. Somehow, and that story is on our website by the way, I landed in the industry we all love dearly; serving others and creating fabulous experiences in our hotels.
So, what is happening to us in this moment? This defining time when so much of our landscape is changing? I am reminded of something I stare down at every day on my desk, and it is the verse above.
If you know me at all, you know that I am a “clothes” person. I dress for the day, definitely. And I realized today that I actually clothe myself not just physically with what I feel like, but I also clothe myself with a set of personal practices. I want to share them with you to inspire you to not let this situation set you on a path of fear and lacking in confidence about our future.
· Start your day with positivity. Whatever that is for you, be it meditation, news, prayer, or music.
· Dress yourself in a suit of armor, steel yourself against any negative thoughts of lack or deprive yourself of the littlest delights or treats.
· Tap into your power. Make lists of your skills, attributes, and goals.
· Read. Inform yourself on what is going on, listen to podcasts, or watch motivational YouTube people you admire.
· Create a system of stopping a downward spiral. Once a fearful thought enters your mind, have a method to say, even out loud, “Stop, cancel that, I release that”.
· And of course, dress outwardly to align with all you are doing on the inside. Yes, even nice shoes, preferably high heels.
We have been through challenging times for centuries, and we have always rebounded. While things may change, and what we once knew may not return, be excited about what is ahead. “Be not afraid”. And know that I’m right there with you, as our industry re-invents itself, and returns even better.
If you want to learn more about my own methods of staying focused and positive, please email me at email@example.com or private message me on LinkedIn.